Monday, July 2, 2012

Six months of wonderful






As every parent says... Holy cow where has the time gone?! My little babe is 6 months old as of last Friday. Needless to say he is not so much a "little" babe, but you know what I mean. His personality is growing bigger and bigger with each day and his happy demeanor makes him so much fun! Harp has really taken a turn and is now a huge fan of her little brother and loves that he is becoming more fun to interact with.

Since I have not really done an update for myself as to what he has achieved thus far, I am going to do so. I am HORRIBLE about baby books, scrap books, any other kind of thing to document their progress other than the million photos I take.

The things P has/can do so far at 6 months:
* Talks, hollers, squeals A LOT
* Knows his name and responds when said
*Rolls over from belly to back and back to belly (sometimes)
*Officially out of the swaddle and sleeping like a big boy
*Still on Prevacid for his acid reflux (boo!)
*On a 4 hour eating schedule and taking 2 long naps and one cat nap
*Working really hard on growing out his hair =)
*Successfully shows all his emotions through his eyebrows. Love them
*Can scooch his body in circles when on his belly
*Eating rice cereal, avocado, sweet potato, bananas, applesauce, and prunes
*Loves bath time, books, Johnny Jump Up, sister, our cat Dexter, dada and mostly mama! I am hoping he will be a mamas boy =)

I have a feeling he is going to be much more outgoing and adventurous than his sister. He is already showing more ambition than she ever did. He is also going to be more of a social butterfly than H. When I take him places he is so smiley at pretty much everybody and loves being around people. I am not sure if he is easier because it is my second go around and I knew what to do when I realized he had reflux, or if he is maybe just a bit easier than his sister. Who knows!

He goes in for his 6 month check-up tomorrow so I will officially see where he stands in the rankings for his weight/height/head/physical progress/etc. The last time we went at 4 months he had dropped from being in the 99th percentile in most categories to the 75th which was good & normal!

Being a mama of two has been fun. It is really neat to see their bond forming already, especially since they are so close together. I just realized today that H's birthday is in a little over a month and I have not even thought much about how we are going to celebrate. Most likely I will do something somewhat small here in KC as well as something in Oklahoma since that is where most of her family is. I should probably start getting some plans in place, I am the queen of doing things last minute.

Happy Monday everyone! Mine was off to a rough start but is gradually improving. I am oh so excited for a mid week holiday day off to spend with J having family time and watching fireworks. It couldn't get any better than that now can it? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment