Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Going all natural...

After a weekend in Chicago filled with deep dish pizza, beer, wine, indulgent breakfasts and a fancy dinner J & I were feeling a bit gross. We had a great time and all the food and drinks were so yummy but coming home we were ready to get some fruit, veggies and goodness in our bodies. 

J decided he wanted to do a cleanse and just focus on consuming fruits, vegetables and some beans for the next week. No alcohol, no sodas, nothing artificial. Water, coconut water or green tea for drinks. I was a bit hesitant since I am still breastfeeding but after talking to a friend and doing some research I am going to jump on the bandwagon as well. This morning I made a smoothie with frozen bananas, cherries, blueberries, a fiber protein powder and some chocolate almond soy milk. It was really delicious and it has also kept me full for quite some time! Not sure what I am going to do for lunch yet but dinner will consist of a spinach salad with avocado, beans, and I will probably make a homemade vinagarette (this may break the rules but oh well!). 

As I was getting out of the shower this morning I decided I am going to take this to the next step and let my face, hair and nails take a break from make up, hot irons and polish too. That's right folks Hippie Brenda is busting out and resurfacing after all these years! Thankfully I really do not have anywhere to go this week so I will keep my scary non made up face to myself but I am actually really excited for this. My mom also told me about this face wash she has been using where she mixes caster oil and olive oil and she claims it is ah-maz-ing that I am going to try out.

So basically why I am posting about this is to get anyone elses suggestions on things to eat, if you all have done a cleanse before and how it went/how you felt after, fun healthy recipes you have eaten even if it is not cleanse related or any motivational words! I hope my excitement continues and that I feel really good after. I like the idea of only having good things in my body. Don't get me wrong I love me some greasy pizza but I also like not feeling disgusting after.

As I stated in the beginning of this post J and I had a fabulous anniversary weekend getaway in Chicago. Once I get my pictures uploaded I will write about all the fun things we did. No kids, just Josh and I, it was absolutely fantastic!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Jeff and I have started being more conscious of eating like a caveman - the Paleo diet is something that consists of only what cavemen had access to - meat, veggies, fruits - no processed foods. We're pretty loose with it, but I've noticed a difference in energy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Emily I will have to look in to that. I have never heard of it but I am interested! Yes my main focus is pretty similar of keeping less processed foods in our bodies, especially with the kids, its so easy to try and give them hot dogs, chicken nuggets, etc!

    ReplyDelete