Monday, July 23, 2012

Confession.

In my last blog I talked about how I was going to do the detox and only eat fruits, veggies and beans for a few days to get myself all natural and feeling good. Well I have a confession...

I think I made it about 12 hours before caving!  I did go 3 days with out eating any meat or sugary foods. I mostly ate salads, drank smoothies with hemp protein fiber and lentil or bean concoctions for dinner. I caved the night I made a delicious pot of sweet potato, black bean and chili bean chili and I made it way to spicy for my, and Paxton's, taste. So I had a piece of leftover vegetable pizza from the weekend, and it was good!! =). Props to all you out there that have more will power than I do. I could never ever ever ever ever be a vegan. I have too much love for dairy products to cut it out of my life. Cheese alone is one of the most delicious treats ever.

While I am in confession mode I thought I would share a few of my weird quirks that I never really took much notice to until I met Josh who began to lovingly point out that I am a tad weird. I will thank my mother for a lot of these things.....

* I am VERY particular with weird little things about the cleanliness and order in my home. Due to having 2 big hairy dogs and 2 small dirty children I have my couch covered in decorative blankets to prevent spills/stains (we for some reason thought a grey cloth couch was a good idea??). Any who, anytime anyone sits on the couch and messes up the blanket it drives me nuts. Like seriously nuts. I sit there and wait until they get up to do something and straighten it immediately. Then I proceed to fix the pillows to go back to the spot I had them originally. 
* I cannot stand clutter. After every meal my kitchen is cleaned and all the dishes are put up. Even though I despise to unload the dishwasher for whatever reason, I absolutely cannot go with dirty dishes in, on, or around my sink. I will not sit down at night until my kitchen is cleaned, counter wiped off and all appliances put away. As if it really matters if those things are there in the morning for me to do?
* I count things as I do them. Mostly this is when I go down or up a flight of stairs. I am not sure if I did this before I had children but I am extremely paranoid about missing a step while carrying one of the kids that I count every time I go up and down the stairs. I admitted to Josh yesterday that while we were in Chicago I knew that the 3 flights of stairs going down to the river walk from our hotel were 16 steps, 14 steps, then another 16 steps. He shook his head and buried it in his hands. I then noticed H was playing with her baby doll and walking it up the stairs of her doll house and counting them as she went up... hmmmmmmm.
* When I eat ice cream I take perfect scoops off the top so that it is a level surface when I am fished. When I cut cake/brownies,bread it has to be cut with a knife and a straight line.
* I also find myself cleaning up my kids toys even while they are playing with them. When toys are strewn about all over the floor it almost makes me twitch. I know this is ridiculous but it is just the way I am.

So there it is. There are many many other things I am weird about but I won't let you all think I am a total psycho!

I am just getting to uploading our Chicago pictures too so I will share those in a few days. Happy Monday everyone, we started ours off early so we took a trip to the donut shop! =)

1 comment:

  1. um, this must be why we are bff. i will NOT relax until my kitchen is clean. and i too clean up the boys toys while they are playing with them. not the ones they are actually playing with obviously, but all the others that have been played with and then discarded. i don't think you are weird at all :) i cracked up when i read this, and then was sad because you're so far away... ;)

    ReplyDelete