Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Is it just me?

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, Pax had his 6 month check-up today. I strategically had it scheduled at 3:40pm because I knew H would wake up from her nap around 3:15 and P would be up at 3:00 to eat. Therefore it would give me ample time to get them both ready, be at the doc on time, as well as make it back before I needed to put P back down for his cat nap late in the day.

Well.......

Harp decided to stay awake jumping and playing in her crib until after 2:00pm so she was still sound asleep at 3:20pm when I had to wake her up to get her ready to go. Thankfully she was in a good mood (it was a 50/50 gamble), we loaded up and were in the car by 3:25. I decided there was enough time to stop at Sonic to grab a drink before Happy Hour was over. I obviously had my priorities in order. The people in front of me at the drive thru pretty much ordered  the entire menu and I was impatiently waiting on my one drink for way too long! I got to the Dr. office just a few minutes behind and scrambled upstairs to check in. We surprisingly got called back within 5 minutes and were with the nurse to get P's weight/height/head right away. Then the wait for the Dr began. I don't know if the doctors understand that by putting us in a tiny room with two children is like a ticking time bomb until someone becomes unhappy. Also with the tile floors, it seems as if when one does decide to cry or melt down it echo's big time and everyone knows that the people in room F do not have it together.

Both of mine actually held in really well until the doc showed up and then we had P up on the table checking him out and discussing his achievements thus far. That's when H decided it was time for her to get some attention and started begging me to pick her up. When I kindly explained to her that I needed to pay attention and hold Pax she had a meltdown. I put her on the chair and gave her a book and seconds later the tears were a streamin. It is obviously a domino affect when one child cries in public, the other one thinks they need to also. A symphony of crying children, one sweaty anxious mama, and one doctor who I am sure thinking about how she can remove herself as quickly as possible from this situation. Oh and we had not even given P his shots yet. I'll let you just imagine how well the rest of the visit went.  We did end on a positive note because Harp was able to pick out a sticker from the box so at least she was happy. Pax was not so pleased because of his three shots in the leg (it never gets easier). 

To top things off we came home and he was over tired and would not take his last nap and cried until it was time to eat again.  Not awesome.

Thankfully I am sitting here in front of the computer now with a glass of wine, a sleeping baby, a happy toddler and a husband on his way home with more wine and dinner. Is it just me who gets really anxious and stressed about somewhat small things like this? I know I am uber neurotic about the sleep schedule and my kids acting out in public but geez I honestly get sweaty and anxious so quickly when it comes to my kids not being on their best behavior in public. I hope that it is one of those things that we can chalk up to "this too shall pass?" 

It's times like these I wish my mom was closer and that she could watch one child while the other has checkup's and what not. 

We did survive and J is on his way home and tomorrow we get an entire day together because he now has a job where he gets holidays off!!!!!!! Best. Thing. Ever. Happy Tuesday everyone, I hope you all have a great time celebrating America's Birthday tomorrow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment