Friday, February 8, 2013

14 Days of Love Notes


For Valentines this year I wanted to do something a little different and extra for Josh. He's been working craaaaaazy hard long days lately and has also been out of town here and there. I want him to know that I notice all his hard work and to be reminded on more than just the one day that he is oh so loved by me. We tend to go big when it comes to gifts on Christmas and birthdays but seem to focus on smaller more personal fun items on Valentines and our anniversary. That's when I thought of doing 14 Days of Valentines Notes. I saw a lot of things on Pinterest around Christmas time doing the 12 Days of Christmas but those were mostly gifts following the number of the day (one thing on the first, two things on the second, etc.) and that seemed a tad overboard since I was already going to surprise him with a ridiculously large new TV for our living room. When I started racking my brain on what to do for Valentines I thought of this! I then looked on Pinterest and there were of course a ton of ideas for this but most of them were some sort of food item every day & I am working really hard on eating healthy and know that it is not a good idea to bring in a bunch of delicious sugary treats in to our home, especially after the food coma weekend I had over the Super Bowl...yikes!

I loaded up the kids and took them to inspiration central for fun things (Target, duh!) and walked the aisles and tried to figure out what I wanted to do to present it to him so he could come home and see that he has 14 Days of awesomeness coming his way! I found the cutest little felt heart garland for like $7 and the little cellophane heart baggies in the $1 Spot (have I mentioned how much I love the One Spot? It's seriously the greatest!) Last I grabbed a 100 pack of index cards and I have a rainbow of Sharpies at home, which were actually the first gift J ever bought me. Ahhhhh thinking back to that makes my heart go pitter patter. I literally fell in love with him because he bought me Sharpies. You think I am joking but I really am not. It was not just the Sharpies themselves but the fact that he was listening to me when I mentioned a tiny thing when we were working together one day and the fact that he took the time to do something thoughtful for me randomly. Ok back on course... Harper was really excited about doing a surprise for J so she wanted to contribute. I let her pick out something at the store to give to daddy for his day 1. She picked out a chocolate calculator in the $1 spot. Hey, the kid loves chocolate and numbers. Makes sense right? On the downside we thought it was a bar of chocolate shaped like a calculator, no it was the opposite. An actual calculator that looks like chocolate. Bummer for Josh but H actually loves to play with it. So we came home, wrote out a note for him after we hung it up in our bedroom & waited for him to get home!

I write out a note every day and leave it somewhere for him to find then I add it to the garland in our room. Sometimes there is a little surprise that goes along with it but mostly just notes as to why I love him that day. I did not write out the notes in advance because I wanted to be sincere as to why during that specific day do I love him. Not only has it been fun for him to receive everyday but it has been really fun for me. It helps me really notice why he is so amazing and why I love him so very much! I think this might be something I do every year for Valentines and keep adding my notes to the packages so we can go back and see what I loved about him from the year before!

I hope all of you are planning to show your friends, family, spouses and kids how much they are loved on Valentines this year! I'm currently trying to plan out my menu for what I want to cook that night. Any fun ideas & suggestions are welcomed!!

P.S. I loooooove the fact that Harper brings home some fun art project from school every week. Check out her awesome color stamped heart below. Perfection!


No comments:

Post a Comment