Thursday, February 27, 2014

Life with a 2 and 3 year old

I just realized this morning while Paxton and I were grocery shopping that Harper is 3 1/2 years old. It seems like it was only a month or so ago when we had her birthday party in Oklahoma, that is just craziness. However, three has been quite a trying time with my crazy emotional three year old. All of my friends with older children warned me that the terrible two's are nonsense and three's are the year of exhaustion. I literally can not do anything right by her. She wants help putting on her jacket, but ahhhhhh nooooo thats TOO much help, resulting in tears. Anything that we do once that is "fun" tends to get ruined after it turns into a competition between H & P. For example, when Josh leaves for work in the morning we started making a big deal about who gets the last kiss before he goes out to his car. To Josh and I it was silly fun little joke and it made the kids feel special. However, now its become a HUGE deal to the kids and they argue and fight and get upset on who gets/doesn't get the last kiss. *sigh* And don't even bother trying to rush her to do absolutely anything. The girl is on her own time schedule and if life moves faster it can be quite upsetting.

On the other hand with Mr. Paxton J Pluid I feel like I am on the episode of Family Guy where Stewie is talking to his mom, Lois and saying "mom, mom, mom, mama, mama, mommy, mommy, mooom, mom, mama...... HI" I remember the days when he barely spoke and I longed for him to be able to communicate with me. I was over the moon excited when he started saying mama. Now I would pay him for every time he held restraint. I am so proud of how well he is speaking now but my goodness the kid NEVER. STOPS. TALKING. Lately his newest phrase is "mama what you doin?" and he will not stop asking until acknowledged. Cute for the first time, not cute after I have answered him the 5,000th time that day with practically the same answers "I'm cleaning Pax or I'm driving you guys to _______, or Nothing buddy" He feels big, I know that. He loves the attention, I get that too. He is learning and practicing, yes yes I know, I know.  Please don't think I am awful.

Let's just say nap time is my mental recharging time.  Sitting down to eat lunch without little hands grabbing my food. An hour or two of trashy, mindless, reality TV. Or best, sitting in silence reading a book. It's bliss.

BUUUUUUUT then things like this happen.....
And my heart literally oozes out of me and melts right at my feet. All on their own they decided to climb up on the couch and snuggle with one another. I come into the room and catch them in this act and see Harper giving Paxton back scratches like I do when I wake him up. To hear those sweet innocent proud giggles is pure bliss. Being their mama is mentally exhausting some days. I have realized that I will not always be the favorite. I will not always be the nice one. I will not always be the fun mom. But I will always and forever be loved by these two wholeheartedly.

Here are a few iphone pics of our crazy life with these two lately:



















No comments:

Post a Comment