Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Soaking up Christmas Eve

As I sit here this Christmas Eve all I can think about is how grateful I am for this family I have and for the friends I love and cherish so much. My husband is currently in the kitchen singing along to his iTunes playlist, my children are crazily running around full bellied laughing with one another in the basement play area and I am sitting here absorbing it all while sipping on a glass of wine.

Today was one to go down in the books for me. As much as I love Christmas Day with its joyfulness and gifts and traditions, I almost think I love Christmas Eve more. The build up to the big day, the preparation of Santa's cookies and the sheer excitement in Harper's eyes as we talk about Santa and everything about him. We have been watching reindeercam.com and it has only built up Harper's excitement even more for Santa's arrival. She has been asking so many questions about where he will go and how he comes in the house and will he come upstairs while she is asleep (this one creeps me out a bit) and if our pups Cohen and Zoey will see him. It's so fun to get to experience the whole Santa phenomenon. It makes me want to have a bazillion babies so I can live in this feeling forever.

We are staying home in Kansas City and celebrating with just the four of us with the addition of the honorary "uncle slim" who my kids may love just as much or even more than us. I miss seeing my family dearly on Christmas but there is also something so wonderful about staying home and celebrating with your own little family and staying in your pajamas all day. I hope you all have the best Christmas ever filled with too much food, love and memories to last a lifetime. I can tell you this is already my favorite one yet.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment