Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A blurry iPhone picture documented Tuesday!

Let me start this off by saying that I LOOOOOOVE Tuesday's. First of all it is not Monday, which is obviously awesome. Secondly, it is the first day of the week that we have lots of fun things to do, I get to see Josh extra and spend more one on one time with Paxton! Weekends are definitely my favorite since we get to have Josh with us for a full 48 hours of awesomeness but Tuesday's are a close second!



After I get home from the gym, get everyone fed and bathed, I get myself ready for the day since I will actually be leaving the house (which is something that does not happen on Monday's!)


 Then we load up the car with H's school bag, snacks drinks and diapers for Paxton and we head out for the morning to drop Harper of at school. At first she was always apprehensive when I dropped her off. Now, she walks in by herself, we do our usual routine of taking her jacket off, hanging up her bag, wash her hands and she then runs to her teacher for a big hug. It is more heartwarming to me than sad because with someone as stand off-ish as Harper to run up to someone for a hug means they are truly great teachers and so kind and loving to her. It makes me happy to see a little independence from her.


Pax and I then go to run whatever errands I may have. Sometimes we do a stop at the grocery store because shopping with one is a tad easier than shopping with two. But this past Sunday J was suuuper awesome and we all went to check out the new HyVee did our shopping then. Score! Therefore we went to the best place to kill some time and spend some money....Target!!! Check out the cuuuuuutest little Easter baskets I picked up for the kids. $2.50! I mean that is practically free!


I also had time to just browse which again is NOT something I typically get to do when I have both kids. I meandered over to check out the shoes. I saw these little beauts which were on clearance for practically nothing but of course they only had a size 11. Bummer!


 Paxton thoroughly enjoyed our little outing and I have so much fun hanging out with just him. I had 16 1/2 months of just Harp and I getting in quality time but it's rare that I have a block of time just Paxton and I. He is such a cool kid and he is so much fun to be around! This little froggy is probably going to have to make it into his Easter basket, I've never seen him love on something like that before. Too cute!


After we wandered the many aisles of Target we then started our way to pick up Josh for work to meet up for lunch. Day Date Tuesday I call it. I look forward to Tuesday lunch every single week. Such a fun little treat to get to see J for a snippet of time in the afternoon and share lunch with him and Paxton. Again, much easier with just one kid to bring along plus it's fun quality time that Pax and Josh get as well. We hit up Chipotle yesterday and had one of their veggie/black bean/brown rice bowls. OMG it was so stinking good! I was sad this morning that I didn't bring home my leftovers to have again today. Oh well, I'll just have to go back soon!!!


Then Pax and I came home to play a little before he goes down for his nap. This tent is the newest obsession the kids have in the house. It's a fun Lion King pop up tent that Nana and Papa brought the kids a while back. They drag this thing around everywhere and have secret little Harper/Paxton play time inside. Sometimes we like to hide from dada and then try to scare him. Basically it's awesome.


 Harper's newest favorite thing is to assist me with cooking dinner. It is always supervised of course and I never let her get near the knives but she helps stir our dishes, she seasons them and will help drop the chopped things in the pan or baking sheet. It's so much fun to have a cooking buddy and to start teaching her things while we are doing so. It's great for counting and measuring and addition/subtraction! Sometimes it helps her become more adventurous with eating things since she is actually making them. She's quite the picky eater.


Last night we made one of Josh's favorite vegan dishes a Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili. It's so crazy good and easy!!!


 Then some more play time in the tent while we are waiting to get Paxton up from his nap.

 Necklaces are also another new obsession in the house.



Of course Paxton has to climb up on Harper's cooking stool to try and sneak a bite because he's basically a garbage disposal. He will eat anything all day every day. I don't think he has ever been full. He has the belly to show for it!

Last, I'd like to leave you with what Josh and I spent our evening doing last night. Making ourselves into Zombies with the hilarious free Walking Dead iPhone app. We actually did one of Harper too but I'm pretty sure its a little too disturbing to go up on the internet. Hope you all are having a great Wednesday!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment