Wednesday, January 25, 2012

This guy makes me smile


I am one lucky lady to be married to this handsome guy. He constantly makes me laugh (even when I REALLY don't want to), he makes me feel pretty (even when I REALLY don't look it) and he makes me feel confident and do things I would normally talk myself out of doing.

Yesterday I dropped Harper off at Mother's Day Out and went down to meet Josh for a little lunch date (with Paxton also, but he was sleeping the whole time). It truly felt like an actual date and it was just the perfect thing. We ate at this oh so delicious restaurant named Californos near his work. We were the only 2 in the restaurant for the majority of our meal, which made it even more intimate & date like! Since we now have 2 babies and quite a bit less "us" time this lunch was just the greatest thing. With being tired & busy with keeping Harper's schedule together and trying to get Paxton on a schedule as well, I find that once the kiddos are down for the night I just want to find the nearest pillow and get every minute of sleep I can. This means that J & I really don't get as much together time and I was beginning to really miss him!

After lunch I went to pick up Harper and then her, Paxton and I went to the grocery store and did a little shopping. FYI...grocery shopping with a toddler and a sleeping baby in the carseat means that lots of "mini" trips are being made instead of big grocery shopping. There is literally no room in the basket for more than a few items. You would think the shopping cart creators in the world would think about this because I feel like most people eventually have 2 children..... and this is even with using the gigantic carts that look like "cars" so that your toddler is happy and think's he/she is driving the cart. Anyway back to my afternoon..... we finished shopping and I came home to start making a yummy dinner for Josh and myself. I had everything down pat where we ate dinner, put both kids to bed by 7:30 (yup, I am awesome). Normally I would fall asleep on the couch around 8:30/9:00ish (yup, I am lame) and set my alarm for 10:00pm to get up and feed little guy before I head off to bed but I managed to stay awake until 11:00 hanging out and watching the presidential debate with J. It was great. It was perfect. It made me happy.

On the downside Paxton had a bit of a rough night and I was up much more often than normal but still, I loved the time that was just Josh and myself. I am looking forward to the hopeful near future where Paxton is sleeping through the night (If I am lucky it will be around 7-8 weeks like Harper). Keeping my fingers crossed. I am ready to have more flexibility and quality time with my love. For now, I will embrace the little pockets of time we get, those sometimes seem to be the best anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I always told Tanner those carts were broken once he noticed those! LOL! And no, I can't imagine where you would put your groceries with two kiddos that are in the cart! And I'm just as lame as you wtih ONE kid - asleep at 8:30 or 9! No excuse of nightime feedings here though! Fun that you guys got a little lunch date! Hope H is enjoying mother's day out!

    ReplyDelete